I have PCOS - started clomid on 2/6/2012

Came in for CD12 scan - had a few follicles 10mm and 1 follicle 12mm

I have to come back tomorrow for another scan.

But I am really anxious and nervous.. Are these follicle size normal?

What Should I expect tomorrow? 

Views: 109

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The goal for ovulation induction is one dominant follicle to emerge, and it sounds like you are on track.  Sometimes it can take longer for patients with PCOS so hang in there, and good luck with tomorrow's scan.

Hello and welcome to Fertile Grounds.  These follicle sizes are most certainly normal early in a Clomid cycle.  It sounds like you just need some more time for us to see how your ovaries are responding to the medication, particularly if you don't ovulate on your own without Clomid.  When you are monitored tomorrow, the doctor will assess your ovaries again to see if the follicles have grown.  You will likely also have your blood drawn for us to see if your hormones are changing as a result of the Clomid.  Hang in there and good luck!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Members

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Profile IconAnonymous, Nicole Peterson and elizabeth kelly joined Fertile Grounds | IVF Forum | Tips for getting Pregnant
yesterday
Dominion Fertility's blog post was featured
yesterday
Dominion Fertility posted a blog post
yesterday
Saturday
Dr. Andrea Reh's blog post was featured

Dominion Fertility thanks our patients for their service

Hi all,Dr. Reh here.On the heels of the viral ice bucket challenge and the new ‘gratitude challenges,’ today, on 9/11, I would like to express my gratitude for our patients who serve our country.  The longer I live here in DC, the more respect I gain for you and for our unique community.   Whether it be the military, first responders, foreign service, CIA, DOD, FBI, or any of our government branches, you never cease to amaze me at your ability to handle the stress and burden of responsibility…See More
Friday
Profile Iconmayr john, saratlin, Maria Diaz and 1 more joined Fertile Grounds | IVF Forum | Tips for getting Pregnant
Friday
Dr. Andrea Reh posted a blog post

Dominion Fertility thanks our patients for their service

Hi all,Dr. Reh here.On the heels of the viral ice bucket challenge and the new ‘gratitude challenges,’ today, on 9/11, I would like to express my gratitude for our patients who serve our country.  The longer I live here in DC, the more respect I gain for you and for our unique community.   Whether it be the military, first responders, foreign service, CIA, DOD, FBI, or any of our government branches, you never cease to amaze me at your ability to handle the stress and burden of responsibility…See More
Friday
Profile IconRojo ardo, amymleach, Shane Rose Reid and 5 more joined Fertile Grounds | IVF Forum | Tips for getting Pregnant
Thursday
Sep 10
Profile Iconjohnnyoduya, lorivtaylor, vincen temiline and 16 more joined Fertile Grounds | IVF Forum | Tips for getting Pregnant
Sep 9
Profile Iconhijkl01545, Jcm Pierce and JoyLove joined Fertile Grounds | IVF Forum | Tips for getting Pregnant
Sep 4
Sep 3
Profile IconAnonymous and apolon joy joined Fertile Grounds | IVF Forum | Tips for getting Pregnant
Aug 31
Peace Lillie replied to Peace Lillie's discussion IVF @ 42 years Old
"Unfortunately, I do not have good news.  I did become pregnant however, I miscarried.  My doctor recommended that I use an egg donor.  We don't have the money right now so we will try with a donor next year.  The doctor said…"
Aug 28
Profile IconDominica joy, amydbrown, annbshrader and 1 more joined Fertile Grounds | IVF Forum | Tips for getting Pregnant
Aug 28
tlcm replied to Peace Lillie's discussion IVF @ 42 years Old
"Hoping that you had a positive result. Thank you so much for sharing your story with us all."
Aug 27

Health Matters: Fertility and In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)

Follow Us

Enter your email address:

© 2014   Created by Dominion Fertility.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service