I have PCOS - started clomid on 2/6/2012

Came in for CD12 scan - had a few follicles 10mm and 1 follicle 12mm

I have to come back tomorrow for another scan.

But I am really anxious and nervous.. Are these follicle size normal?

What Should I expect tomorrow? 

Views: 110

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The goal for ovulation induction is one dominant follicle to emerge, and it sounds like you are on track.  Sometimes it can take longer for patients with PCOS so hang in there, and good luck with tomorrow's scan.

Hello and welcome to Fertile Grounds.  These follicle sizes are most certainly normal early in a Clomid cycle.  It sounds like you just need some more time for us to see how your ovaries are responding to the medication, particularly if you don't ovulate on your own without Clomid.  When you are monitored tomorrow, the doctor will assess your ovaries again to see if the follicles have grown.  You will likely also have your blood drawn for us to see if your hormones are changing as a result of the Clomid.  Hang in there and good luck!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Members

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

ajibola lateef posted a status
"need fertility am with no /low sperm duct due to the test conducted by a doctor near me is dat gonna work atall"
Saturday
ajibola lateef liked tlcm's discussion Natural Cycle vs Full IVF?
Saturday
ajibola lateef left a comment for Damiana
"hello madam "
Saturday
Profile IconAmy, Joy B and bryan alen joined Fertile Grounds | IVF Forum | Tips for getting Pregnant
Nov 10
Damiana is now a member of Fertile Grounds | IVF Forum | Tips for getting Pregnant
Nov 8
tlcm posted a discussion

Natural Cycle vs Full IVF?

We are trying to decide if we should attempt another natural ivf (which would be our second) or step up to the full traditional ivf. My husband and I are looking for some guidance from patients on which route to proceed with. Unfortunately, our insurance is not accepted at DF and we are having trouble deciding if we should continue with another try at the natural selection, which has a lower success percentage or go for the full ivf.....Any success stories would be greatly appreciate. We are…See More
Nov 7
Ericka Sylvester is now a member of Fertile Grounds | IVF Forum | Tips for getting Pregnant
Nov 4
MP liked Anonymous's discussion Chose to use an Egg Donor.....
Nov 1
Profile IconLeslie Cullen and Tina joined Fertile Grounds | IVF Forum | Tips for getting Pregnant
Oct 31
Anonymous replied to Anonymous's discussion What do you do when you're in that "Unexplained Infertility" category?
"reply to jlm: We did chiropractic, acupuncture, and homeopathic without success prior to trying natural cycle. I can't say it doesn't work for anyone but it didn't change my results. I think I was on almost a dozen supplements before…"
Oct 30
46 and trying updated their profile
Oct 24
jlm replied to Anonymous's discussion What do you do when you're in that "Unexplained Infertility" category?
"we are unexplained secondary infertility. had our results meeting w/ dr payson in july and it has been so overwhelming to figure out which path to take...or keep trying ourselves with no progress...i think we're kind of in denial…"
Oct 24
anonymous posted a photo
Oct 22
anonymous replied to MindyK's discussion Just Starting Out
"My DH and I wanted to keep things as natural as possible but with PCOS we needed help.  My cycle regulated with Metformin but we still didn't get pregnant.  We are considering clomid or femora with IUI."
Oct 21
anonymous is now a member of Fertile Grounds | IVF Forum | Tips for getting Pregnant
Oct 21
MindyK updated their profile
Oct 20

Health Matters: Fertility and In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)

Follow Us

Enter your email address:

© 2014   Created by Dominion Fertility.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service