I have PCOS - started clomid on 2/6/2012

Came in for CD12 scan - had a few follicles 10mm and 1 follicle 12mm

I have to come back tomorrow for another scan.

But I am really anxious and nervous.. Are these follicle size normal?

What Should I expect tomorrow? 

Views: 110

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The goal for ovulation induction is one dominant follicle to emerge, and it sounds like you are on track.  Sometimes it can take longer for patients with PCOS so hang in there, and good luck with tomorrow's scan.

Hello and welcome to Fertile Grounds.  These follicle sizes are most certainly normal early in a Clomid cycle.  It sounds like you just need some more time for us to see how your ovaries are responding to the medication, particularly if you don't ovulate on your own without Clomid.  When you are monitored tomorrow, the doctor will assess your ovaries again to see if the follicles have grown.  You will likely also have your blood drawn for us to see if your hormones are changing as a result of the Clomid.  Hang in there and good luck!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Members

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Profile IconAnonymous and jlm joined Fertile Grounds | IVF Forum | Tips for getting Pregnant
10 hours ago
Anonymous posted a discussion

What do you do when you're in that "Unexplained Infertility" category?

We were both cleared as nothing wrong with either of us. We've done 3 cycles with DF now and about to start a 4th. The first 3 we aimed for NC IVF, but we missed the ovulation all 3 times and only on the third try did we do an IUI. The first cycle took us so long to commit to, by basically giving up on ourselves. So when we came in for the big day for retrieval and they said they missed the ovulation, I was in shock. It took me about a month to recover and during that month we were trying…See More
15 hours ago
S updated their profile
17 hours ago
mrs abiola bawuah updated their profile
20 hours ago
mrs abiola bawuah is now a member of Fertile Grounds | IVF Forum | Tips for getting Pregnant
yesterday
Kim replied to Sarah's discussion Just turned 50, OK I SAID IT!!
"You are so awesome!! I hope you are successful!!"
Thursday
Kim replied to Peace Lillie's discussion IVF @ 42 years Old
"Thanking for sharing your story and I'm sorry this time did not work out for you.  I'll be starting my first NC IVF at 45. I know the odds are stacked against me cause of age also. But I too am willing to go forward and give it a…"
Thursday
Anonymous1 is now a member of Fertile Grounds | IVF Forum | Tips for getting Pregnant
Wednesday
Dominion Fertility posted a discussion
Wednesday
Dominion Fertility posted a blog post
Wednesday
Profile Iconluke gill, lindapsnell, paul cloudia and 3 more joined Fertile Grounds | IVF Forum | Tips for getting Pregnant
Sep 20
Profile IconJC, annehmiller, Stephanie and 3 more joined Fertile Grounds | IVF Forum | Tips for getting Pregnant
Sep 18
Shane Rose Reid posted a status
"Thank you accepting me here!"
Sep 17
Dominion Fertility posted a blog post
Sep 17
Profile IconNicole Peterson and Anonymous joined Fertile Grounds | IVF Forum | Tips for getting Pregnant
Sep 15
Dominion Fertility's blog post was featured
Sep 15

Health Matters: Fertility and In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)

Follow Us

Enter your email address:

© 2014   Created by Dominion Fertility.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service