I have PCOS - started clomid on 2/6/2012

Came in for CD12 scan - had a few follicles 10mm and 1 follicle 12mm

I have to come back tomorrow for another scan.

But I am really anxious and nervous.. Are these follicle size normal?

What Should I expect tomorrow? 

Views: 117

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The goal for ovulation induction is one dominant follicle to emerge, and it sounds like you are on track.  Sometimes it can take longer for patients with PCOS so hang in there, and good luck with tomorrow's scan.

Hello and welcome to Fertile Grounds.  These follicle sizes are most certainly normal early in a Clomid cycle.  It sounds like you just need some more time for us to see how your ovaries are responding to the medication, particularly if you don't ovulate on your own without Clomid.  When you are monitored tomorrow, the doctor will assess your ovaries again to see if the follicles have grown.  You will likely also have your blood drawn for us to see if your hormones are changing as a result of the Clomid.  Hang in there and good luck!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Members

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Roxy s is now a member of Fertile Grounds | IVF Forum | Tips for getting Pregnant
yesterday
Dominion Fertility's 2 discussions were featured
Tuesday
Dominion Fertility posted a discussion

We Practice What We Preach......

It is well known that exercise is good for us. There are stacks upon stacks of research articles that tell us how exercise can lower blood pressure, lower stress, improve sleep and provide an overall sense of well – being.  At Dominion Fertility, we promote moderate exercise as part of a holistic approach to fertility treatment. Of course this doesn't mean training for a marathon, but getting some form of moderate exercise every day and maintaining a normal BMI can increase your chance of…See More
Tuesday
Krista liked Dominion Fertility's blog post Dominion Fertility celebrates 28 years. Want to know how many babies we have produced?
Aug 25
Dominion Fertility's 2 blog posts were featured
Aug 25
Dominion Fertility posted a discussion

What I've Learned About Insurance and Family Advocacy... By our Nursing Coordinator, Sam Smith R.N

In May, Eddie's dad had to be put into a rehabilitation facility after falling because of his arthritis. He has Humana insurance. The initial approval for his stay was up to 20 days- clearly not enough time for him to recover and be able to go home. I was told by the business office of the nursing home that his coverage would end and he would be billed the self pay rate of $310 / day after day 21 and we would have to pay that up front each month. The bill came to about $9500 initially. I asked…See More
Aug 22
Dominion Fertility posted a blog post

Dominion Fertility celebrates 28 years. Want to know how many babies we have produced?

August 18, 2015Dominion Fertility proudly celebrates 28 years of successful infertility treatments with personalized care and innovative technologiesSince our beginning on July 28, 1987, Dominion Fertility has produced over 7,000 babies. This with only myself (Dr. Michael DiMattina) and now 3 other infertility experts (Drs.…See More
Aug 21
micheal is now a member of Fertile Grounds | IVF Forum | Tips for getting Pregnant
Aug 20
Dominion Fertility's blog post was featured

Natural Cycle IVF with the best infertility care. Now she’s pregnant

Hello Everyone,Everyone has a special story about them self.  And after her long journey, so does this patient and it’s definitely worth telling. Kate (not her real name) is a 38-year-old nurse, with no children, who lives and works in Baltimore. She had infertility for more than 3 years.  In 2013, while living in Orlando,…See More
Aug 20
sddfssfsfsd is now a member of Fertile Grounds | IVF Forum | Tips for getting Pregnant
Aug 18
TraMo is now a member of Fertile Grounds | IVF Forum | Tips for getting Pregnant
Aug 8
TraMo liked Dominion Fertility's blog post Pregnant at 40! First IVF and Only One Embryo Too
Aug 7

Dominion Fertility

Follow Us

Enter your email address:

© 2015   Created by Dominion Fertility.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service