We are trying to decide between NCIVF or regular IVF for our next step.  The only thing identified wrong with us is a low sperm count (12 million) which doesn't seem like a low number to me, but I'm not an expert.  We have done 3 IUI's without success, and our insurance doesn't cover either type of IVF so what should we do?

Views: 235

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello and welcome to Fertile Grounds.  Thank you for posting your question, it is one that we encounter frequently at our practice.  Deciding between Natural cycle IVF and stimulated IVF often depends upon a number of factors.  Insurance coverage (or the lack thereof) often plays a large role for many patients, as Natural Cycle IVF is about 1/3 to 1/4 the cost of stimulated IVF.  If you have regular menstrual cycles, then Natural Cycle IVF is certainly an option.  It is often an individual decision.  Your age and your "ovarian reserve", your willingness to undergo fertility injections, and your views regarding the creation of multiple embryos often guide couples towards one treatment over another. 

- Dr. Reh

Hello Anonymous,

Your story sounds like mine. However, I am currently 19weeks pregnant yesterday. I am having a girl. My husband not only had low sperm count but low everything. I did not have insurance to cover IVF. I went to another fertility clinic and spent about 20K and got a negative and horrible customer service. I was devastated. I went to see Dr. D. and we discuss NC-IVF. Lemme tell you, I got a positive. To this day I still cannot believe it. Dr. Reh is correct, it depends on a number of factors. I had a very regular menstrual cycle, but I was very, very, very overweight. After talking to Dr. D. for my initial consultation he gave me a book to read and after reading it, I thought NC-IVF was for me. I gave it a shot and it was the best money I ever spent (under 5K). Dr. Gordon and Dr. Reh are also awesome. See one of them and discuss your options. I hope you get pregnant and have a happy and healthy baby soon.

Congrats! So nice to hear you are doing well!

Another factor to consider is the age of the patient. Patients over 37 may want to consider stimulated IVF given the possibility of having extra embryos to freeze and use for baby #2 in a couple of years....As Dr Reh indicated you have to look at each case individually....there is no "One Size Fits All" ...at least not at Dominion!

DrG

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Members

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Essie is now a member of Fertile Grounds | IVF Forum | Tips for getting Pregnant
yesterday
Michael DiMattina M.D. posted a blog post

Egg Freezing Saved Her Fertility: Some Thoughts on Egg Cryopreservation

Hi Everyone,Dr. DiMattina here to share a story of a lovely 33 year old single patient of mine who visited me about 2 years ago to freeze some of her eggs and preserve her future fertility. At the time we froze her eggs she had no idea that she would ever use or need her frozen eggs having assumed that she was just as fertile as any other 33 year old female.  But she has no regrets that she did!  We first checked her "ovarian reserve" with blood hormone tests and a pelvic sonogram and her blood…See More
yesterday
Dr. Andrea Reh posted a blog post

“Just relax!”… “is it Ureaplasma?” and dispelling other infertility myths during National Infertility Awareness week

This week (April 20-26) is National Infertility Awareness week, a time where we aim to provide hope, education, and resources to women struggling with infertility.  With that in mind, I thought I’d list my (admittedly arbitrary) 5 most common myths associated with infertility.Myth#1: “Just relax!”  Usually by the time couples reach my office, they have been told this umpteen times, usually be well-meaning family members, and most often before they have even had any infertility testing. Myth #2:…See More
Sunday
maryjane replied to CrochetMama's discussion Just Beginning...Anyone else?
"Hi Tracy, I read your post and I still cant believe that it didn't workout for you. It's just the beginning of our fight don't give up, stay strong and come back full of energy for the second round. I wish you  all the best and I…"
Thursday
JMac replied to CrochetMama's discussion Just Beginning...Anyone else?
"So sorry to hear about your results, Tracy.  Part of me is approaching this with low expectations, hoping to protect myself from heavy heartbreak I guess.  I think it is helpful to hear that the norm is that first time success is not as…"
Thursday
Kim replied to CrochetMama's discussion Just Beginning...Anyone else?
"I was just thinking about you today and thought your 2WW should be about up.  I'm sorry the results were not positive,  I know when I talked to Dr. Payson they like to do at least 3 rounds if your not successful.  Its hard…"
Apr 15
CrochetMama replied to CrochetMama's discussion Just Beginning...Anyone else?
"Jennifer, welcome, it's so nice to hear from  you, and I wish you and  your husband the very very best. It's always great to have others of the same age to relate to while undertaking this journey.  To all of you ladies, I…"
Apr 15
Michael DiMattina M.D. posted a blog post

IVF Using Conventional ICSI vs Morphologically Selected Sperm Injection (IMSI). Which is better to conceive?

Hi Everyone.  Dr. DiMattina here.Have you heard of intracytoplasmic morphologically selected sperm injection (IMSI)?  This is a relatively new laboratory technique developed over the last decade involving higher magnification microscopy to pick out the "best" sperm for IVF with injection of the sperm into the egg (ICSI). First, a little history about IVF and conventional ICSI. Since its first use in 1990, ICSI has become a safe and powerful tool for infertile couples especially when the sperm…See More
Apr 15
"Best of luck and many prayers for you Tracy! "
Apr 15
"Hello Ladies, JMac, a.k.a., Jennifer here.  I am about to turn 45 and my husband and I (of 2.5 years) have been trying the old fashioned way for as long as we've been married.  We began NC IVF monitoring last week and go for our…"
Apr 15
Profile IconJMac, mb, anonymous and 2 more joined Fertile Grounds | IVF Forum | Tips for getting Pregnant
Apr 15
Dr. Andrea Reh posted a blog post

“Just relax!”… “is it Ureaplasma?” and dispelling other infertility myths during National Infertility Awareness week

This week (April 20-26) is National Infertility Awareness week, a time where we aim to provide hope, education, and resources to women struggling with infertility.  With that in mind, I thought I’d list my (admittedly arbitrary) 5 most common myths associated with infertility.Myth#1: “Just relax!”  Usually by the time couples reach my office, they have been told this umpteen times, usually be well-meaning family members, and most often before they have even had any infertility testing. Myth #2:…See More
Apr 14
Dominion Fertility posted a blog post
Apr 14
Deanna is now a member of Fertile Grounds | IVF Forum | Tips for getting Pregnant
Apr 13
K.C. left a comment for K.C.
"Also because of my tight finance; I dont want to do the pricey ivf. I came to know about dominion fertility does NCIVF which is minimal cost Than stimulated. Hoping the first attempt of ncivf will work im thinking about it.not sure but found out…"
Apr 9
K.C. left a comment for K.C.
"Dr reh; I was diagonosed with pcos. Im taking metformin and levothroid since last 3 years. Also with no luck of pregnancy after trying for 5 years. Tried iui four times with injectables medication but still no luck. My periods are very…"
Apr 9

Health Matters: Fertility and In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)

Follow Us

Enter your email address:

© 2014   Created by Dominion Fertility.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service